Dear, Princess Dear, Princess

The video doesn't speak to me as religious at all, but I suppose we all view it through our own lens. I'm actually a huge fan of Revolutionary Girl Utena, so I was thinking more of Utena than anything while watching this.

I'm glad you were inspired enough to do this! Utena is a great anime and should be appreciated more.

exninja123 responds:

cool to hear, it's awesome to know that people are still fans of utena! :)
thanks! xD

RED RED

Sweet linework here. i'm loving your style, and her [duckface] expression. Such a sassy lady~ I'm super in love with that left hand, I find it to be very well done and understood.

As for a bit of critique/suggestions, while the anatomy seems pretty well done, especially for this difficult angle, that right leg that transitions into the hip is a bit too sharp and makes her leg look awkward because of the angle of her foot. Another small design issue that I have is that her right arm is completely devoured by the black stripe adorning the background. It is a bit confusing to look at, it flattens her torso out. I understand that her arm is probably completely behind her but I think some suggestion of her arm or sleeve to separate it from the stripe would help a bit. Perhaps break the stripe up into two smaller stripes? Or perhaps pronounce her right shoulder a bit more so the fact that it is behind her looks a bit more convincing.

Tick Bite Tick Bite

Ah, this style reminds me a bit of Skullgirls! I love it. I adore the patterns/designs on her skin, and your ridiculously smooth line work.

I have to agree with Wabbla though, her underskirt is the same color as the background so it makes it rather hard to differentiate them. I would suggest lightening or darkening the color of the underskirt so it doesn't look like her arm is chopped off. Also her right hand appears to have a bit of white between the thumb and the fingers--nothing huge but seeing as everything else colored white is very deliberate, I think it would help to fix that.

Triggershock responds:

Thanks!

There are a few mistakes here and there, such as the white inside the hand because it was a little rushed and bringing files from school to home and vice versa makes me forget what I should fix (maybe I should write notes on the side...).
And again, with the skirt, I can't do anything about it because the layers are merged because I'm a dumb butt and I'm kicking myself for doing that.

Leg Armor Study Leg Armor Study

I just checked out some of your work, and oh man, this is truly wonderful.

I'm in an observational tablet drawing class right now and I don't have near the patience to complete/attempt something as difficult and time-consuming as this. The reflection in the leg closest to the viewer is incredibly well-done. The attention to detail in it completely surpasses a lot of professional concept artists' work I've seen. Great job!